You probably all know these times in life when everything else is more important than your precious hobby. The last few months have been such a time for me, I've had amazing and challenging times and somes that were quite a bit of both.
However my pens have been awaiting my return patiently and they're ready for a new round of "Weekly Pens". It's weird but I've been having a hard time deciding which pens to ink - and then, which ink to use in them - so right now it's only five pens!
Also it's mostly the same pens I used last year already. Maybe that is partly because I find it difficult to choose new ones but they're also really good writers.
- Danitrio Mikado (IB) with Montblanc Corn Poppy Red: This one has been in rotation for months now. I've used it a little less for a while because it didn't work well with the inks I had chosen (Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond and Diamine Mediterranean Blue) but it works great with the Corn Poppy Red. It does need a fresh serving of silicone grease though, Corn Poppy seems to be quite runny in this respect.
- ST Dupont Olympio M Alligator (OM) with Herbin Gris Orage: This combination works really well. I love sparkly Gris Orage.
- Pelikan M1000 Fantasia (IBB) with Herbin Gris Orage: See above. Love this ink.
- Ferrari da Varese Botticelli (IB) with Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare: spring is approaching, so it's time for some cheerful colors. Blu Mare is my go-to turquoise. It also flows quite well. I like the contrast: silver and mother of pearl, meet the Caribbean!
- Sailor King of Pens (B) with a Sailor blue-black cartridge: I traded for this one in December but then all this stuff came up and I still haven't found the time to really get acquainted with it. It has a nice, soft nib and seems to be a super reliable writer.
Time to fill up the two empty slots in the pen case until next week!